Whitewater Presbytery Records, 1848-1975 - Finding Aid Public Deposited
Downloadable ContentDownload PDF
Historical Information: The Synod of Indiana organized the Whitewater Presbytery on 16 October 1848 and placed within its boundaries the counties of Ohio, Dearborn, Ripley, Decatur, Franklin, Rush, Fayette, Union, and the portion of Henry and Wayne counties that lie south of the National Road. The Whitewater Presbytery was dissolved in 1972 and became the Whitewater Valley Presbytery.
This is a finding aid, which provides information about the contents of an archival collection. The presence of a finding aid on this website does not mean that items from the collection have been digitized or are available online. For more information about this collection, or to schedule a time to visit and review nondigitized materials, please contact the Hanover College Archives at email@example.com.
Scope and Content: Records of the Whitewater Presbytery dated 1848-1975. The collection documents of the operation of the Presbytery and includes meeting minutes, committee reports, financial records, religious and political questions, appointment and education of ministers, statistical reports, the state of religion, discussion of local and national events, church buildings, mission work, Sabbath Schools, disciplinary actions, moral issues, publications, and annual reports.